SOUND Cultural Foundation develops several:
– permanent cultural projects and events:
- The National Choral Music Symposium
- SOUND Choir
- Romanian Radio Children’s Choir
- International Day of Choral Singing
- World Youth Choir (WYC) – an International Federation for Choral Music (IFCM) project. SOUND Cultural Foundation was asked to contribute to the selection of young Romanian singers for this initiative. The project is currently undergoing.
- SOUND Cultural Foundation publishing house – it was founded due to the imperious need to develop the following projects:
– “A Capella” Choral Bulletin – a semestrial newsletter, the only one of this kind puslished locally, providing updated information for the people interested in children’s and youth education through choral arts.
– publishing choral scores – 11 works of Romanian contemporary composers were released in the scores international standard format
– occasional national and abroad projects :
- together with the Romanian Radio Broadcasting Company, it organized the Romania – Japan Festival in 1998;
- “Romanian Culture Week in Thanat-Kent County” in 1997 – accomplished with the support of Euro Link Tours in Great Britain, this event enabled SOUND choir to take part in an extensive concert tour and to organize an itinerant exhibition of Romanian photographic and popular works of art;
- Humanitarian artistic tour, Belgium (1999), in cooperation with the ‘Help Ons Helpen’ organisation , for the benefit of disabled people in Bucharest;
– SOUND Cultural Foundation has awarded:
- with diplomas all participants to the events organized by the Foundation
- choir conductors and music teachers with Merritt Diplomas for their contribution to the choral arts
- consistent prizes to choir conductors and choirs for special performances
- money prizes to composers that created choral pieces for children’s and youth choirs
– long term projects:
- Organizing foreign guests festivals and contests with the obvious purpose of showing the world the value and quality of Romanian compositions and interpretation art.
- Organizing summer conducting classes lectured by world wide known maestros.
- Setting up the National Center for Music Information, an entity that would enable our country’s international cultural integration and protection of Romanian cultural thesaurus against the rogue effects of globalization.
- In collaboration with similar institutions in Belgium and Italy, it studied the possibility of founding a Pilot Center for Promoting Art Educational Projects for Children and Youth with Special Needs.
- SOUND Cultural Foundation develops projects through partnerships, sponsorships, donations, own activities, cultural events and Sound member’s voluntary actions.